Embedded Firmware Engineer | Chicago, IL
As an Embedded Firmware and Systems Engineer at Optivolt Labs, Inc. you will be responsible for architecture, design, and development of the next generation of wireless solar charging for consumer electronics.
- Support project initiatives, collaborate with the rest of the design team ensuring that development milestones and deadlines are met.
- Design and develop embedded firmware for microcontroller-based consumer electronic products.
- Define and implement high performance software by leveraging a strong understanding of embedded hardware design.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth analysis of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Internal and external contacts often pertain to company plans and objectives.
- Evaluate product non-conformances and recommend design modifications.
- Evaluate, test, and review designs to determine if program will perform according to requirements and specifications.
- Maintain accurate records throughout the development process in order to comply with company and government standards and/or regulations.
Bachelor’s degree or pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or other relevant discipline
Experience working with real-time operating systems and real-time signal processing
Experience working with various communication and networking protocols
Strong communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization
Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
Prior Start-up experience preferred
Experience working with and/or building drones preferred
- If interested please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reach out to you as soon as possible to schedule an interview if your qualifications match the role we are looking for